Open/Close Menu Personal Injury Lawyer NJ
A very useful article today from Justine Hofherr, of

Boston.com (internet affiliate of The Boston Globe). The upshot is that when you get a new car seat for your child, you MUST take a few minutes to fill-out and mail back the card for registering the seat:

******************************************

If parents knew their child’s car seat was defective, most wouldn’t hesitate to replace it.

But if that’s the case, why did fewer than half of the six million recalled car seats in 2014 get repaired?

A recent study by Safe Kids Worldwide, a nonprofit dedicated to protecting kids from non-intentional injuries, provides an answer, as Forbes reports. It’s not that the parents “didn’t care,” it’s that they were unaware the recall was even taking place.

Safe Kids Worldwide found that though 80 percent of parents said car seat registration is important, only 42 percent returned their car seat’s registration card, making it difficult for manufacturers to contacts the other 58 percent in the event of a recall.

 “The single best way for parents to learn about a recall is to register their car seat with the manufacturer,” said Kate Carr, president and CEO of Safe Kids Worldwide at a press conference last week. “Unfortunately, this important first step doesn’t happen nearly enough.”

Once parents knew the purpose of the registration card was to notify owners of a recall, 97 percent of parents Safe Kids Worldwide surveyed said the card was important.

When a recall occurs, manufacturers notify parents directly using information on the registration cards and fix or replace the car seats as necessary. If you never mailed the registration card that came with your car seat, don’t panic. Parents can register their child’s car seat any time online at www.safecar.gov/parents using the model number and date of manufacture found on the car seat label.

Just make sure you’re also installing your car seat correctly. A report from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) this year found that very few cars have easy-to-use child restraint systems. Check out the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for tips about finding the right car seat for you vehicle and best practices when installing.

Following these safety tips will help our children.  If, however, you or a loved one is injured in any type of vehicle accident, the skilled and experienced attorneys at the Law Offices of Karim Arzadi will work to help you recover the maximum compensation too which you are entitled.

Call the Law Offices of Karim Arzadi at 732-442-5900, 21-COURTLAW  (212-687-8529) or 1-800-RITELAW (1-800-7483529)

for a free consultation and we’ll answer all of your questions regarding your rights following a motorcycle accident.

Attorneys Specializing in Personal Injury Law

in our offices in Perth Amboy, Jersey City, Roselle, East Orange, New Brunswick.

If you need Personal injury lawyer, car accident lawyer, truck accident lawyer, bus accident lawyer, slip and fall lawyer please feel free to  call us if you need any free consultant with an attorney .

Our lawyers settled hundreds of  cases related to

Car accidentTruck accidentMotorcycle accidentPersonal InjuryTaxi Accident, Bus Accident, Uninsured accidentspedestrian accident

163 Market Street Perth Amboy, NJ 08861 Map →
103 Bayard Street New Brunswick, NJ 08901 Map →
639-41 St. Georges Avenue Roselle, NJ 07203 Map →
257 Central Avenue E. Orange, NJ 07019 Map →
2322 Kennedy Boulevard Jersey City, NJ 07304 Map →

Categoryblog
Write a comment:

*

Your email address will not be published.

© 2016 LAW OFFICES OF KARIM ARZADI, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Disclaimer: This site is provided purely for informational purposes and is in no

way a substitute for legal counsel.

logo-footer

STAY CONNECTED WITH US: